DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO BE A HEALTHY YOUNGSTERS FACILITATOR?
WOULD YOU LIKE TO PLAY A KEY ROLE IN IMPROVING THE HEALTHY LIFESTYLE BEHAVIOURS OF FATHERS AND THEIR PRESCHOOL-AGED CHILDREN?
We are seeking expressions of interest from enthusiastic and passionate educators who would like to become facilitators for the Healthy Youngsters Healthy Dads (HYHD) program.
The HYHD program:
- Motivates both dads and youngsters to improve their physical activity level and nutrition
- Educates fathers on effective parenting skills for role modelling a healthy lifestyle to optimise the health and wellbeing of their youngsters
- Teaches youngsters sport skills through fun games and physical activity
HYHD Program Facilitators undertake a training course delivered by Professor Philip Morgan at the University of Newcastle.
The next HYHD Facilitator training will be delivered in October, 2019 at the University of Newcastle prior to the Term 4 HYHD program.
Facilitators will receive access to the HYHD online portal complete with all session slides and talking points, and detailed instructions for physical activity sessions.
Selected facilitators will then deliver the 8-session HYHD program in Term 4 on Saturday mornings in at the University of Newcastle.
Benefits of being a HYHD Facilitator?
- Be paid for your time and contribution whilst delivering HYHD
- Learn the latest evidence-based strategies and be part of an award winning community health promotion research team
If you are a motivated, engaging, reliable and organised educator, the HYHD team would love to hear from you.
Essential criteria for facilitators:
- Experience delivering group education sessions to children (preferably primary/preschool age) and adults
- Experience delivering physical activity sessions
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Approved Australian Working with Children’s Check.
- Degree in Health and Physical Education, Primary Education or Exercise & Sport Science OR a final year student in these disciplines
To register your interest in becoming a HYHD facilitator please contact the HYHD team 4921 6566 or click here for registration form.